Re: GUB failure

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB failure
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 12:56:35 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:43 PM

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

I'm getting the following failure running a GUB build:

/home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--
lilypond.git-release-unstable/flower/warn.cc:114:49: warning: format '%d'
expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type
'std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >::size_type {aka long unsigned int}'
[-Wformat=]
                        expected_warnings.size ());
                                                 ^

Presumably caused by

Issue 4550 (n/2) Avoid "using namespace std;" in included files

but I've no idea why.  Can anyone suggest a fix, please?

That's a warning, not an error.  We have other warnings that don't stop
compilation.  While this one would warrant fixing (likely by using
stdstream instead of the C stdio library), it should not make
compilation abort.  Can you check the compilation log for an actual
error?  That would likely be more important to fix right now.  The above
will likely, if at all, "just" cause wrong output in warnings on the PPC
platform.  Definitely something we want to fix, but I think something
else is responsible for making the compilation stop altogether.

OK - thanks.  Should have seen that.  The error (one of a few similar) is:

/home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/flower/offset.cc:43:25: error: 'isinf' was not declared in this scope
if (!isinf (z2[Y_AXIS]))

Seems to be deja vu all over again.  See the thread at

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-08/msg00150.html

Not sure why the 4550 patch was repushed?

--
Phil Holmes