Re: modify coord-rotate to get exact values for (sin PI) etc (issue 2695

From: dak
Subject: Re: modify coord-rotate to get exact values for (sin PI) etc (issue 269530043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 11:51:11 +0000

On 2015/10/30 22:59:54, thomasmorley651 wrote:
On 2015/10/30 21:46:55, benko.pal wrote:
> > And PostScript (and PDF and METAFONT) _do_ represent angles in
degrees.
> > So it's sort of silly that we cannot get an angle of 180 degrees
> > straight into PostScript without change.
>
> now that convinced me.  if we want to output angles in degrees, we
> don't want to switch back and forth neither between degrees and
> radians, nor between angles and sines.  at most one atan (acos) call
> somewhere.

Just back home, noticing the discussion here.

Current patch tries to solve (or better: workaround) the problem in
guile.
I have some other pending patches _needing_ exact values from
coord-rotate.
I'd suggest to push it as is (unless some serious defect would be
detected)
after countdown. So that I can go ahead with the follow up stuff.

Opinions?

I hope to get to a "degree rework", but this patch is sort of unrelated
even though I hope to eventually make it unneeded.  So it might as well
go ahead for now.

LGTM

https://codereview.appspot.com/269530043/