Re: plan for 2.20 release?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: plan for 2.20 release?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 03:03:51 +0100

On 14.11.2015 14:40, Federico Bruni wrote:
Hi

There's any plan for the next stable release?

Good question. It’s odd to keep telling people on -user how they should upgrade to an unstable version, which some don’t dare do, although it’s actually quite stable.

I'm asking out of curiosity and also because I'd like to add some more translations in the next month.

I see a long list of new features and only (?) 3 regressions:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=%28_type%3ACritical+OR+labels%3ARegression%29+AND+%28status%3ANew+OR+status%3AAccepted+OR+status%3AStarted%29

4316: I’ve reconsidered and don’t think it’s a regression, and definitely not one to block a stable release. 4182: Yes, that is a regression, though it’s not _particularly_ nasty, but it shouldn’t be in a really stable release. 3778: This has been a regression against 2.16, but the CG (8.3, Issue classification) says regressions against the ‘current and previous’ stable versions should be tagged ‘regression’.

Yours, Simon