Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-comma

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-commands undertie and overtie (issue 270640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:29:41 +0000

On 2015/11/18 23:01:20, thomasmorley651 wrote:
On 2015/11/16 15:57:49, dak wrote:

> If we are sure we'll never need to change the direction based on the
> markup direction (like, say, over/under actual note glyphs?), I'd
just
implement
> commands undertie/overtie that call some internal function with the
direction
> use directly.

Done this way. Right now I can't imagine any use-case for relying on
direction-modifiers.
If there is use for it sometime in the future we may change this
again,
ofcourse.

> If there may be a use case for inheriting direction, some directable
markup
> command may be useful.  Either it is called (with an appropriate
explicit
> direction override) by undertie/overtie, or all three call the same
internal
> function.

Changed my mind, because I found a not uncommon use-case for a
tie-command relying on direction-modifiers and \voiceXxx:

m = {
  c''1 \prall -\tweak text \markup \tie "131" -1
}

{ \voiceOne \m \voiceTwo \m }

This is used in scores for guitar quite often and I seem to remember
having seen similiar in piano-scores indicating silent finger changes.

@James
sorry for the additional work

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/