Fwd: [testlilyissues:issues] #4696 Hairpin shouldn’t be ‘shut up’ by cro

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Fwd: [testlilyissues:issues] #4696 Hairpin shouldn’t be ‘shut up’ by cross-staff stem
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 08:28:10 +0100

Hello devs,

can anybody assist Sam in this?

Yours, Simon

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date:   Tue, 15 Dec 2015 00:33:29 +0000
From:   Sam Bedell <address@hidden>
To:     [testlilyissues:issues] <address@hidden>

Close examination of the output reveals that the open end of the hairpin
extends slightly beyond the stem. I wonder what kind of threshold should be
used to decide on a new length. One might be: if the end of the hairpin is
within x horizontal distance from the stem, shorten it until it is not. Maybe?

I'm considering taking this on as my first contribution, and i'm trying to work
my way through lilypond's typesetting process until i understand enough to
figure out how to make a change like this. Developers, am i thinking in the
right direction?

---

** [issues:#4696] Hairpin shouldn’t be ‘shut up’ by cross-staff stem**

**Status:** Accepted
**Created:** Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
**Last Updated:** Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

-
[4696.preview.png](https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4696/attachment/4696.preview.png)
 (4.2 kB; image/png)

In cross-staff situations, it may happen that the open end of a hairpin is
completely shut by a stem. The end of the hairpin should be slightly shortened
in such situations.

~~~~
:::TeX
\version "2.19.32"
\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = right { \voiceTwo a'16 d' \change Staff = left \voiceOne g c }
  \new Dynamics { s8.\> s16\! }
  \new Staff = left { s4 }

~~~~

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
<https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4696/>

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
<https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/>