Re: Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 b

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:29:09 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 23.12.2015 um 10:06 schrieb address@hidden:
>> On 2015/12/23 07:59:26, git wrote:
>>> Revert changes to snippets file
>>
>> At the current point of time, you only added
>> Documentation/snippets/new/xxx.ly while keeping
>> Documentation/snippets/xxx.ly unchanged.  That's the right organisation
>> for a commit keeping manual and automatic changes apart.  The actual
>> change is then performed in a separate commit named
>> "Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py".
>>

> I'm sorry, but I *still* don't really get what is expected from me now.
>
> Should I keep it as-is, with Documentation/snippets/xxx.ly unchanged?

It's fine, assuming that the snippet in the old state will compile as
well.  But if it didn't, I'd have expected Patchy to have complained.

> Should I add the change, but in a separate commit?
> Should I add the change to what I push to staging, *after* review?

You should make a separate commit containing only the results from just
running scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py.  Whether you include that commit in
your review is more or less up to you.  It's likely a good idea since
otherwise Patchy does not get to see it.