Re: Python project including Lilypond

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Python project including Lilypond
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:40:40 -0800

On 2016-02-25 14:34, arnaud gregoire wrote:
Hello,
I'm a french engineer piuple and i'm actually achieved to finish my python
project.
The goal of my project was ; transform .mp3 into a music-sheet.
In my program, i'm using Lilypond in order to transform a .txt into a real
.pdf music sheet.

I would like to make a free web-service that transform a .mp3 into a music
sheet to conclude this project.
Can i use Lilypond in this web-service ?

Hi Arnaud,

Yes you can. LilyPond is licensed under the GNU General Public License, which allows you to run the software for any purpose -- even as part of a paid service.

Nathan