Re: Yet Another GSoC Applicant

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Yet Another GSoC Applicant
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 04:07:34 +0000

On 3/13/16 5:28 PM, "address@hidden on
behalf of Isaac David" <address@hidden
on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

>Greetings LilyPond developers!
>
>I'm a last-year computer engineering student and amateur pianist with
>some 10 years of experience with so called classical music and about 2.5
>since I started delving into jazz music and its chord notation. I'm also
>a GNU/Linux user and occasional contributor to free software projects,
>most prominently the Parabola distro.
>
>As you might have guessed I am interested in participating as a GSoC
>student improving the internal chord representation and output format,
>as suggested in your GSoC ideas page. Paul Morris has also expressed
>interest in basing his proposal on this idea depending on whether a
>third participant takes on MusicXML or not*

Welcome to LilyPond!  I hope we'll be able to take you on!  We're always
looking for new people be part of our team.

I have no idea what's going to happen with the number of slots we get
allocated, but I'd be anxious to provide whatever support I can to your
application.

Please let us know how we can help you as you get familiar with LilyPond
development!

Thanks,

Carl