Re: Ask about the lyric of Lilypond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Ask about the lyric of Lilypond
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 22:32:47 +0100 (CET)

> I am a university student in China and I am interested in making music
> score by using computer.  [...]

> So now I am trying to make the stave with guqin lyric.

Lyrics?  What exactly do you want to achieve?

  . 文字譜 (wénzìpǔ)? [the fingering is described with Chinese text]

  . 工尺譜 (gōngchěpǔ), 減字譜 (jiǎnzìpǔ)?  [two tablature formats,
    using Chinese characters, digits, and some other symbols.]

  . 簡譜 (jiǎnpǔ)?  [the modern Chinese notation using the
    Galin-Paris-Chevé system]

> I made a ttf font by myself to display these characters.

Please send images how it should look like.

> The problem is when I converted the ly file into pdf file. These
> characters cannot be displayed.

A minimum code example, please, together with its PDF output.  Which
lilypond version are you using?  Which operating system?

> So I guess that maybe there is some configuration files where I can
> let the lilypond find the ttf font made by myself.

lilypond uses the fontconfig library for finding fonts.  On the
command line, type

  lilypond -dshow-available-fonts

and you will see the found fonts, together with fontconfig
configuration files and the directories for both configuration files
and fonts.

    Werner