Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 23:50:29 +0200

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 11:37 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Why would you even split note values across bars in "ancient music"?

At the risk of being blunt: more generally, is there a legitimate use
case for completion heads? It never occurred to me that some people
(like Simon, it seems) might rely on it that regularly; I used to
regard it as one of those feature that seem nice at first but that
typically tend to encourage sloppy rhythmic writing.

Perhaps if one needs to use the same music expression in 4/4 then in
2/4 bars, I guess? But: does it actually happen in the real world?
(And does it happen often enough to require a full set of engravers
rather than some fairly basic Scheme filter?)

Cheers,
Valentin.