Re: git-cl problem

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: git-cl problem
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 15:49:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gourlay" <address@hidden>
To: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond Development Team" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 3:37 PM

Federico,

I am running git-cl in a terminal window. I changed my default editor to leafpad. When I run git-cl again the emacs warning is gone, but I get the same error from git-cl:

[lilypond-git (philomelos %)]$ git-cl upload master
No output from [‘git', 'diff', '--no-color', '--no-ext-diff', '--full-index', '--ignore-submodules', '--src-prefix=a/', '--dst-prefix=b/', 'master']

The warning from emacs was scary, but it wasn’t the problem. Whether my editor is emacs or leafpad I have the opportunity to enter a codereview message. When I save the message and close the editor the “No output” error message appears in the terminal window.

John

It's not a syntax I use, but the CG says "git-cl upload origin/master" so I assume what's happening is the git-cl diffs master against the named branch - in your case, master - and returns no diff ("No output"). What happens if you update your master branch with your change and then run the syntax from the CG?

--
Phil Holmes