Re: Two people try to get lilypond for 2.0.12, but hit a roadblock

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Two people try to get lilypond for 2.0.12, but hit a roadblock
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 14:38:26 +0200

Valentin Villenave writes:

Hi Valentin,

Just a quick reply, more detail later.

> Re. Guix; I’ve just cloned and built Jan’s branch and this is as far
> as I got in just a few minutes:

Thanks for trying!! That's great.  Do you have any experience with Guix?
What kind of system are you on?

> -bash-4.3# guix package -i lilypond
> accepted connection from pid 17918, user root (trusted)
> substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to
> be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
> killing process 17929
> guix package: error: build failed: while setting up the build
> environment: cannot set loopback interface flags: Operation not
> permitted

Are you aware that for Guix to work, you need to create guixbuild01..10
users and start the build daemon?

Diane Trout has created a repository to build a debian package for Guix
that handles these things.  I've been using that on Debian/Ubuntu.

I have written two shell scripts to help with building Guix and using
Guix+lily from a guix git clone.  Possibly that's of help to you.

To build and install Debian/Ubuntu guix package

    cd ~/src
    wget https://gitlab.com/janneke/debian-guix/raw/master/guix-for-xenial.sh
    bash -e guix-for-xenial.sh

then setup and use my guix-lily patches

    bash -e debian-guix/debian/guix-lily.sh

After that, you can say

   guix environment lilypond-guile2

to get a build environment set-up with guile stable-2.0 from git, or

   guix package -i lilypond-guile2

to build and install the lilypond package itself.

Greetings,
Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl