Re: make doc still fails - problem with lilypond-book - was: Still canno

From: James
Subject: Re: make doc still fails - problem with lilypond-book - was: Still cannot make doc
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 14:10:44 +0100

Hosoda-san,

On 07/06/16 13:54, Masamichi Hosoda wrote:
So do we need any warnings or notes to be added to here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage-big-page#advanced-command-line-options-for-lilypond

and/or here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation-big-page#entire-document-fonts

?
In my humble opinion,
both options `-dgs-load-fonts' and `-dgs-load-lily-fonts'
should be deprecated.

I think that should be noted as deprecated in the document.

Sorry to appear pendantic but I am having a hard time parsing that - or perhaps you are using the wrong word?

When you say 'should' be deprecated do you mean these commands 'are' deprecated or that you 'would like them to be' deprecated because they *do* work (except in this case) or are they not expected to work at all properly.

I just am concerned there might be users that have a genuine use-case for this option and it still works for them even in the later versions?

Perhaps you can give some words (like you have done before) that might be suitable for the warning/note and I, if needed, can make them more succinct in the English doc?

James