Re: Doc build failing

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Doc build failing
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:00:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:34 PM

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

I thought I'd see how large I get for a doc build and so nuked my build
directory and started from scratch.  I get a failed doc build (this with
master). There are a number of xml files which are throwing errors similar to:

lilypond-git/input/regression/musicxml/02d-Rests-Multimeasure-
TimeSignatures.xml:7:5: error: syntax error, unexpected end of input

Always the same line and character number 7:5

Has anyone else seen this, or been successful recently?

Unexpected end of input?  My first guess would be that your disk is
full.

I mean, obviously we had versions of lilypond-patchy-staging able to
build docs.

The next guess would be that you need "make test" before doing "make
doc" because of missing dependencies: the xml stuff clearly is from the
regtests, and it would explain why lilypond-patchy-staging is able to
get through with its documentation building.

I've been doing some extra debugging on this (and David has been helping, offlist - I accidentally missed a "reply-all" at one point). It appears that

commit dc90b895668826a09e06ad1ef94e5e90569a870c
Author: John Gourlay <address@hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 25 10:58:17 2016 -0500

Incorporate musicxml2ly_conversion.py into musicxml2ly.py.

has messed up the output of musicxml2ly on my system. An example is attached, and it shows an encoding with lots of nulls in the text.

I'm using python 2.6.5, which I guess might be too old for something in the newer version of musicxml2ly. A question for those who can build docs and test - what version of python are you using?

--
Phil Holmes