Re: Make \header blocks tangible in Scheme (issue 296600043 by address@h

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Make \header blocks tangible in Scheme (issue 296600043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:10:00 -0700

On 2016/06/28 17:29:19, dak wrote:
On 2016/06/28 17:09:04, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> Can't review the code.
> From description: very nice.
>
> Though, I'm not sure to which grade coding (with) header-expressions
will be
> extended.

Complete?  Try finding something that doesn't work.

Grabbed the code from here and did some testing.
From the experimental/empirical approach:
Looks _great_ to me!
Up to now I've not found a single bit of a disadvantage or limitation

> Meaning, how about an entry in changes and/or snippets?

Changes, regtests, snippets, documentation.  All that would be
warranted and
required, turning this from a 60-line change to a 1000-line change,
and that's
before translations.  But that's not the main problem for me.  The
main problem
is that the feature itself is straightforward and obvious, but
examples and
descriptions are arbitrary and there are thousands of different ways
to tell the
story.

And whatever way I pick is sure to be substantially rewritten anyway.
So it's a
bit of a fight for me to muster the energy for the first shot at it.

Most useful for the average user will be the now available possibility
to store a header in a variable.
I'd say at least this feature _needs_ an entry in changes.

https://codereview.appspot.com/296600043/