Responsiveness in the next days

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Responsiveness in the next days
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:36:53 +0200

Hi folks,

it would appear that the graphics card on my laptop died on me.  After
an hour of black screen, it now managed to shut down and reboot in some
low-resolution mode.  I don't know how often I'll manage that however.
I'll likely need to take this one apart and look for loose connectors
and if nothing else works, transfer the working parts into another
computer (among two mostly identical laptops, I have one working
keyboard, one working fan assembly and so on).

Since this seems like a graphics card near-death, an external monitor
does not help.

Depending on my amount of success here, I might be of little
availability in the next days.

Sorry for that.