Re: Fun with upgrades - not

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Fun with upgrades - not
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 11:35:44 +0100

Phil,

On 08/07/16 13:10, Federico Bruni wrote:
Il giorno ven 8 lug 2016 alle 13:44, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> ha scritto:
sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond

Did this, thanks, and now have the following problems.

Problem 1:

address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
processing .
Running autoconf ...
autogen.sh: 17: autogen.sh: autoconf: not found

James pasted this link some days ago:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-compiling-lilypond#ubuntu

you must install autoconf
I am coming late to the party I know.

If the instructions from the CG are not working then let me know what else was needed as I can amend them. I did test them extensively from vanilla installs of each of the distributions listed in that link above to try to stop this kind of problem for devs and contributors alike.

Bear in mind though that this does not cover GUB, only compiling LP and LP Doc. I have no experience with GUB.

James