Re: There and back again...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: There and back again...
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 21:49:15 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/15/16 9:11 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>> I'm willing to shop for one and see if there's something suitable
>>> available.  Please let me know of your preferences.
>>
>>Mostly "robust" and "generic parts" and not too much of a stepdown from
>>what I currently have.
>
> We're likely to have mostly Dell laptops.  I'll look and see what I
> can find.

Thanks.  Don't spend too much: at the current point of time I am not
really all that unhappy with what I have, it's just that I am running
out of fallback options as the hardware deteriorates.  So the best pitch
is something that in the case of terminal failure of my current setup
will just admit its system disk and continue (or vice versa if my
current computer gets designated backup for the newcomer).  That's the
usual way I've went on in the last decades.

All the best