Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:11:14 -0400

On 08/30/2016 06:05 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I'm not comfortable with the really long, scrolling, home page.

Ok, given these concerns that Carl and David raised, let me think some more and see what I can come up with.

Maybe just a single example, followed by a list of the other kinds of examples, to show the range of what LilyPond can do, with a link to the full example page. (This is another place where @anchor would come in handy -- we could link the list items directly to the examples, "Tablature" to the tablature example etc.)

Later, if we wanted, we could turn that single example into a CSS slider / slide show type thing where the user could click through some of the examples in-place on the home page, as Federico suggests.

Anyway, just some thoughts. It may be some days before I get back to working on this.

-Paul