Re: [GUB] error while trying to make a darwin cross-compiler

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Re: [GUB] error while trying to make a darwin cross-compiler
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:36:12 +0200

>> Then some downloads and later it came to this error saying make is too old:
>>
>> Tail of target/linux-x86/log/glibc-core.log >>>>>>>>
>>     checking for gnumsgfmt... no
>>     checking for gmsgfmt... no
>>     checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
>>     checking version of msgfmt... 0.19.2, ok
>>     checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
>>     checking version of makeinfo... 6.1, bad
>>     checking for sed... sed
>>     checking version of sed... v. ?.??, bad
>>     checking for autoconf... autoconf
>>     checking whether autoconf works... yes
>>     configure: error:
>>     *** These critical programs are missing or too old: make
>>     *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
>>     Command barfed: cd
>
> Have a look at the specific config.log

I think I found the problem:
while running configure in glibc, configure finds make 4.0 but checks
for 3.79* or 3.8* or 3.9*.

Here is what's about make in Makefile.in:

AC_CHECK_PROG_VER(MAKE, gnumake gmake make, --version,
  [GNU Make[^0-9]*\([0-9][0-9.]*\)],
  [3.79* | 3.[89]*], critic_missing="$critic_missing make")

probably an old glibc compared to my make.

Anything I can do to either download a newer glibc or change
autmatically Makefile.in from glibc?

Thanks,

Frédéric