guilev2 - Jan's branch

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: guilev2 - Jan's branch
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:40:05 +0200

Hi,

I recently read
"The Guile maintainers care very much about backwards compatibility,
from what I've seen over the last few years."
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2016-10/msg00017.html

Well, not in LilyPond case, I thought, but ofcourse I didn't try to
get further with guilev2 myself after my last unsuccessful attempts.

I'm ashamed not having tried
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-05/msg00072.html
before.

Nevertheless I did it today.
I checked out
remotes/origin/dev/janneke/wip-guile2
derived a local branch (dev/janneke-wip-guile2-my-version) from it and
rebased it against current master, nuked the build-directory and
started from scratch:

  sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
  mkdir -p build/
  cd build/
  ../configure --enable-guile2

configure ended with:
"
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.make
config.status: creating config.hh

Type:
    make all       to build LilyPond
    make install   to install LilyPond
    make help      to see all possible targets

Edit local.make for local Makefile overrides.
"
Complete config.log attached.

But trying `make' eturned:

In file included from
/home/hermann/lilypond-git/lily/include/directional-element-interface.hh:23:0,
                 from
/home/hermann/lilypond-git/lily/directional-element-interface.cc:20:
/home/hermann/lilypond-git/lily/include/lily-proto.hh:23:27: fatal
error: flower-proto.hh: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Any hints?

My git-repositories for lilypond and guile are both in my home-directory.

Cheers,
  Harm