Re: status of spanner IDs across voices?

From: Nathan Chou
Subject: Re: status of spanner IDs across voices?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 04:38:12 -0800

Hi,

The goal was to allow all (or at least many) spanners to be able to
cross voices, but I started with dynamics since the engraver seemed
relatively simple. I also looked at slurs because of its existing
support for simultaneous slurs (in one voice).

After experimenting with these with some success, I tried to write a
general spanner engraver that could support simultaneous and
cross-voice spanners, using an idea David suggested (creating a new
engraver instance for each spanner id). The way I approached it was
not the best (and not clearly documented/explained), so David
mentioned in his feedback a better way of implementing it.

Although I have a very vague/general idea of what this would look
like, I haven't really had a chance to try coding it, and I'm not sure
when I'll be able to, so I unfortunately can't commit to working on it
at the moment.

Nathan