Re: Add lilypond version predicates/operators (issue 317270043 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add lilypond version predicates/operators (issue 317270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 07:48:02 -0800

On 2017/02/14 15:37:35, pwm wrote:
On 2017/02/14 15:15:07, git wrote:
> I like this more because it's more of a typical procedure
invocation.
> I think I'll create a new patch with this and a simplified
calculate-version
> (that doesn't accept string lists)

Well, having the procedure as the first argument might be more
scheme-ish?

Maybe best would be to have a "version-compare" function that compares
two
version lists using a procedure.  Then define "ly:version?" so it
calls
"version-compare" with the current LilyPond version (to handle the
primary use
case).  The "version-compare" function could be David's looping
function, but
modified so that it took two version lists and a procedure as
arguments.

It's not a "version-compare" as much as a "lexicographic-compare".

https://codereview.appspot.com/317270043/