Re: installing lilydev on OSX

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: installing lilydev on OSX
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:49:03 +0100

> I was tring to set up lilydev within virtualbox on OSX and had some
> trouble.
[...]
> Since git-cl seemed to be only for making changes, I figured I'd go ahead
> and try to build lilypond based on
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/compiling-with-lilydev
>
> So, I tried the following:
>
> cd $LILYPOND_GIT
> sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
> mkdir -p build/
> cd build/
> ../configure
>

> And got these errors from the configure:

> checking FlexLexer.h location... conftest.cc:2:23: fatal error:
> FlexLexer.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <FlexLexer.h>
>                        ^
> compilation terminated.
> ERROR: Please install required programs:  FlexLexer.h (flex package)
> guile-config < 1.9.0 (installed: 2.0.13) (guile-devel, guile-dev or
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> libguile-dev package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev
> package). GUILE-with-rational-bugfix

This looks like you have installed LilyDev 5.1.
Use this one only if you want to experiment with/contribute to the
guilev2 moving problems.
Please confirm you really want to do so, then I'll provide the howto.

More likely you want to have LilyDev 4.1 (which works with guile-1.8)
from the same website:
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/releases

Can't say anything about the OSX problems, though.

Cheers,
  Harm