Re: can't upload a patch

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: can't upload a patch
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 15:53:24 +0100

Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 15:38, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

 Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 14:50, David Nalesnik
 <address@hidden> ha scritto:

 Hi Federico,

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:15 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

  Do you have ca-certificates installed?

 Yes, the newest version:

 ca-certificates/now 20141019+deb8u1 all [installed,local]

Ok. Even though it seems an out-of-date package. Shouldn't it be version
 20160104 as shown here?
 http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/ca-certificates

Strange.  The package did strike me as old, but running

sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

gets me

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
ca-certificates is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 69 not upgraded.

Try this first:

sudo apt-get update
apt-cache policy ca-certificates
sudo apt-get upgrade

Even though I'm not sure if ca-certificates in the host matters. I remember that I added it to LilyDev because it was necessary in the guest.

 Did you try uploading the patch with git-cl from the host (ubuntu)?
 Does it work?

 If it does, I'd start debugging the network connection in the guest.

Will try this.

Ok, let us know.