Re: Website upload

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Website upload
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:04:37 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 2:44 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I did run it to start with without the ---no-r and without redirecting
the output.  The output I got on my terminal was a load of lines like:

.f...p..... pictures/ties-scoring-example.png

and I was concerned that this meant that those files would be deleted,
so I thought it better to restrict it to the root directory.  I now
understand the output a bit better.  I've since repeated it with the
recurse option with the result attached.  As you see, it would delete
a lot of files we want to keep (examples) but it could be possible to
use its output as a guide for manual deletion?

I'm still surprised at the small size of the list: what's with the
gazillion of image files?

I assume they're created by GUB and rsynced during upload to a different part of the server.

And is there some possibility of assembling the example files into the
prepared web page before doing the rsync call?  It seems awkward and
error-prone to have two different sync operations.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/uploading-and-security shows the current way it's done. Probably lost in the mists of time why this is. See ### make-website.sh on that page.

--
Phil Holmes