Can't post via gmane, and trouble subscribing

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Can't post via gmane, and trouble subscribing
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 14:27:31 -0400

Hi,

Is the gmane server actually down, or is it just me?

This link:
  http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel
... provided here:
... says the "site cannot be reached".
Also, same for simply gmane.org.

Possibly related:
A student at my uni has tried to subscribe to the lilypond-devel list
but hasn't gotten a confirmation request. Just an email that one is on
the way:
  "Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted
upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your
subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email,
or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you
will soon get a confirmation email which contains further
instructions."
... with no actual follow-up.

Thanks,
Jeffery