Improve internal chord structure

From: Renato Fabbri
Subject: Improve internal chord structure
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:29:42 -0300

Dear developers,

have you already made some systematization of the chords?
There is a list here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chords
and I got myself interested in
analyzing the context in which the chord is incident to have the
"ability to capture the essence of complex chords",
as stated in the GSoC ideas page.
I also have some interests in symmetry which
might help with representing symmetric scale chords
such as derived from Messiaen's modes of limited transposition.
Might chords not from the 12 tones system
or in other temperaments be of interest?

I understand it might be late for coping with GSoC, but if you find it
suitable,
I might apply.
My apologies for not making this contact earlier, but I handed my doctorate
dissertation a few days ago and could not concentrate as needed until now.
Some info about my research and software development efforts are gathered
here:
https://pastebin.com/iNNuN4fy
Anyway, this topic might be of use for the LilyPond community as a whole
and for
developments outside GSoC.

Best Regards,
Renato Fabbri