Re: not translating a node in a file

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: not translating a node in a file
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:07:09 +0200

Il giorno mer 29 mar 2017 alle 18:45, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi translators

Continuous changes to Google Summer of Code node made me think about removing the translation, because maintaining the translation is too cumbersome and it's not worth (as any GSoC candidate should speak english). The problem is that I do not want to throw away all the community italian file, of course.

The documentation seems to suggest that something like this:

"""
@node Google Summer of Code
@unnumberedsec Google Summer of Code
@translationof Google Summer of Code

@untranslated
"""

should load the text from the original english file into the localized page.
Ok, probably it's just my imagination. I've found it here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-details#translating-the-web-site-and-other-texinfo-documentation

When I run "make website" after applying above change I get a 404 error when I try to open the italian GSoC page.
So the italian node is not created.
It's a bug or I'm missing something? (see patch attached if you want to try it out)

An alternative might be moving the GSoC page in an includable file (in Documentation/included/), so we can easily include the english text in a localized website.

Thanks for any suggestion
Federico

Today I had the chance to run 'make doc' and in this case the GSoC page is generated, BUT it's all (including menu and footer) in english.

What do you think about moving the GSoC node to Documentation/included?
I may give it a try if there's no objection.