Re: Add a \voicify command (issue 320820043 by address@hidden)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Add a \voicify command (issue 320820043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2017 11:38:16 -0700

On 2017/04/09 15:13:32, dak wrote:
mailto:address@hidden writes:

> Great!
>
> Two thoughts:
>
> (1)
> it's a common request on the user list how to continue a tie into
the <<
> \\ >> - construct.
> I'm aware we explain it at the lines of "don't use the
> double-backslash".
> Also, how to use named voices is explained, iirc.
>
> Though, I'd like to see an explicit example like
>
> \new Voice = main {
>   a'4^~
>   \voicify main , 2
>   << a' \\ c' >>
> }
>
> more prominently mentioned somewhere in the Learning Manual (even
> shorter than the regtest).
>
> Tbh, I'm not sure where to insert it, otherwise I'd commented
infile.

That's sort of a "I'll leave this for the documentation guys to
bikeshed
over" for me.  They tend to reorganize our stuff to make it less
makeshift and more cohesive and consistent regularly anyway.

Touché...
I'll think more over it. No need to delay push for it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/320820043/