Re: pdf changes every few compilations, although changing nothing

From: James
Subject: Re: pdf changes every few compilations, although changing nothing
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:26:01 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:47:57 +0200
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > with the code below I experienced some pretty strange behaviour.
> >
> > The visual output changes every few compilations, although I
> > changed _nothing_!! In average two times in 10 compilations.
>
> Forgot the attachments. Cropped pngs demonstrating it.
> atest-54-2.png is correct
> atest-54-1.png wrog
>

> Cheers,
>   Harm

I hope this isn't more noise, I remember a similar symptom many moons
ago (when I first started working with LP devs) where you'd compile a
PDF and each time the output would change - or rather certain aspects
would 'move' when compared to the previous PDF.

Here is the thread

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-10/msg00461.html

I hope this is helpful.

James