Re: using run-translator

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: using run-translator
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:20:38 +0200

Hi Harm,

Am 14.04.2017 um 11:18 schrieb Thomas Morley:
Am 13.04.2017 um 22:01 schrieb David Kastrup:

Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> writes:

Do I have to consist some special engraver to the layout used in
run-translator? Or do I have to look for something else?

You should scorify the music expression: a number of stock
transformations including voicification are done when doing that.

Thank you!
That was the missing piece.

Jan-Peter

Hi Jan-Peter,

I never used ly:run-translator myself.

May I ask for a more meaningful code-example? Currently I've no clue
what it's all about.

Thanks,
  Harm

I am working on code, I am going share, when its readable ... and when easter vacation is over ;-) The interesting part in using ly:run-translator is that you can let (scheme-)engravers work on your music without actually engraving it. Technically this seems to be used for preparing quoted music and other stuff, when there is a message "interpreting music" (more than once). Right now I am collecting music by catching note- and rest-events and store it by time and voice in a hierarchical manner. That way I can serialize the collected music as lilypond strings and reuse music, collected by quoting individual instruments, in a piano part. The result has to be adapted in several ways, but at least, I have the right notes in place. And there is another more important use case I will present later, when its in a presentable stage.

Jan-Peter