Re: Enhance the -dpreview method for SVG output (issue 326960043 by addr

From: Étienne Beaulé
Subject: Re: Enhance the -dpreview method for SVG output (issue 326960043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 16:25:54 -0300

Now that solves half of the issue. The other half is with the width, as my
patch would (should) also adjust the width to fit the music, leaving no
whitespace on any side.

This feature is basically only available when using \includes "
lilypond-book-preamble.ly" of which only works with the eps backend. My
change would allow the use of "lilypond-book-preamble.ly" with the svg
backend (which is already available in 'eps' so I wouldn't add it there
too), but without the additional system by system output. Do you understand
well now? I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

A bit embarrassing to have made a typo in a patch though, but it wouldn't
work anyway. Maybe the way to go would be to implement crop-systems first
for SVG. A worry for me is that it isn't lilypond "cropping" but
GhostScript in the eps backend. Then, it would be worth continuing the plan
of adding a variant of -dpreview.

I'll be working more on this patch