Issue 5336: Remove downcasting methods from Grob_array and Grob_info (is

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Issue 5336: Remove downcasting methods from Grob_array and Grob_info (issue 344010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:45:12 -0700

I realize this issue has already been pushed and closed.  But I have a
question.

What is the harm of having the downcasting in the getter function?  An
advantage is that we can change the downcasting in one place if it is
part of the member functions for the class.  If not, we have to change
it throughout the code base.  Maintainability would seem to be a reason
to keep it as it was.

I'm not asking for a revert.  But I would like to understand the reason
it was worth it for Dan to make this change.  Mostly for my own
understanding of good programming practices.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/344010043/