Re: Add and use a Transform data type (issue 344970043 by address@hidden

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add and use a Transform data type (issue 344970043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 03:54:38 -0700

Reviewers: Be-3,

https://codereview.appspot.com/344970043/diff/1/lily/stencil-integral.cc
File lily/stencil-integral.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/344970043/diff/1/lily/stencil-integral.cc#newcode1099
lily/stencil-integral.cc:1099: Offset center (robust_scm2double
(scm_cadr (rot), 0.0), robust_scm2double (scm_caddr (rot), 0.0));
On 2018/06/17 10:46:37, Be-3 wrote:
+      center[X_AXIS] = s->extent (X_AXIS).linear_combination
(center[X_AXIS]);
+      center[Y_AXIS] = s->extent (Y_AXIS).linear_combination
(center[Y_AXIS]);
(or something similar)

Here, we've got the rotation centre problem as in issue 5346.

Standard regtests can't see it, but PNG based regtests show
differences for
skyline-grob-rotation.ly and
stencil-color-rotation.ly

skyline-boxes-ellipses.ly shows up, too, but there are only minimal
deviations
due to rounding issues.

Right.  I haven't rebased this patch yet, but I naturally will have to
load up another version for review now that the fix is in master.

Add and use a Transform data type

As of now, this is just used in stencil-integral.  However, a Scheme
level interface would likely make sense for compacting geometric
transformations.  The abstraction currently relies on PangoTransform
matrices but could easily be moved to other implementations such as
cairo_matrix_t.

Contains commits:

Add Transform data type

stencil-integral.cc: use Transform

stencil-integral: pass SCM as transform values

Please review this at https://codereview.appspot.com/344970043/

Affected files (+314, -143 lines):
  A lily/include/transform.hh
  M lily/stencil-integral.cc