Re: make doc bombs out in MusicXML

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: make doc bombs out in MusicXML
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 20:46:06 +0200

Am 16.06.2018 um 15:47 schrieb James Lowe:
Hello

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 14:20:43 +0100 (BST), "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 09:10:10 -0400, Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 16, 2018, at 08:46, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
Well before I applied those patches on behalf of Alexander's patches I did a
full patch test with the patches applied and had no problems.

However ... I know that there are some 'prgramming errors' reported that do not
break patch testing. I wonder if this is something like that.

My work machine will be running merge every 4 hours, but I'll kick one off from
home now (~ 13:45 BST)
I assume that I should wait until this situation is resolved before pushing my
own patch.  If it does not matter, please let me know.
—
It should be done quite soon. I'll send an email either way.
Well it pushed to master without complaint.

I don't know what else to add.

Hi everybody!

Finally I succeeded to "make bootstrap" GUB. But building lilypond master with
GUB is broken. The log is quite clear:

   make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/knut/gub/target/linux-x86/build/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/python'
   PYTHONOPTIMIZE= /home/knut/gub/target/tools/root/usr/bin/python -tt -c 'import
py_compile; py_compile.compile ("out/musicexp.py")'
      File "out/musicexp.py", line 1880
        omit = '' if self.visible else '\omit Staff.TimeSignature'
                   ^
   SyntaxError: invalid syntax

GUB uses the ancient Python 2.4.5. Building lilypond outside of GUB with python
2.7.15 succeeds without problems.

James, do you use GUB for your tests?

Knut