Re: Sponsorship available for makam.ly transposition issues

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Sponsorship available for makam.ly transposition issues
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:27:36 +0200

> On 20 Sep 2018, at 17:40, Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thank you so much for the reply and suggestions!
>
> Previously I've gone down the route of creating my own makam.ly file and
> defining every ratio that comes up as an error but remember it being a bit
> endless. Might be a rabbit hole. But what you wrote regarding how it's
> using ET 54 komas is enlightening and for some reason I hadn't considered
> that's part of it.
>
> So, when I get a chance I'll mess around with seeing how deep the rabbit
> hole is and FOR SURE will check out Graham Breed's regular project. Just
> pulled the git but don't have time to install.

Actually, you might just as well try E53, as the file regularE53.ly I have made
compiles with LilyPond 2.19.82. Just uncomment the example code in the file,
making sure that Graham's regular.ly is available as include say in the same
directory. It makes a PDF with all available accidentals, so just change that
to your need. The only unusual is that the comma is 6/53. And the E53 sharp #
is the AUE microtonal sharp.