Re: ISO git-and-patch mentoring/assistance

From: James
Subject: Re: ISO git-and-patch mentoring/assistance
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 17:30:11 +0000

Kieren,

On 03/11/2018 14:27, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi David and Harm,

So the developer list as a whole seems certainly one
somewhat viable solution to your problem.
I'd like to second David with his recommendation to write to the devel-list.
All right! I’ll do that for the "mentoring" part.

For the "accountability" part, maybe I can simply remember to take every "Patch
Countdown" (that’s every 3 days or so, right?) as a prompt to check on my own progress.

If you subscribe to the dev list you'll see the patch countdown emails.

You should also get an account on Source Forge so you can create/edit Trackers for your patches to be on the patch countdown - Rietveld is just for code review, Sourceforge is for the issue itself.

Otherwise worst case is I can help shepherd and push any patches you create - a bit like Carl did for you back in 2010 (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=03cb2f1ebc5ba2ca8ef2a7d05954a33babae5ac3)

Regards

James