Re: Improve markup->string (issue 347000043 by address@hidden)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Improve markup->string (issue 347000043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 04:40:05 -0800

On 2018/11/11 11:07:35, dak wrote:
On 2018/11/11 10:57:31, thomasmorley651 wrote:

> 'all-relevant-markup-commands' tries to get all
markup-(list-)commands where
> 'markup->string' may return reasonable output.

I have to get used to the thought of not having the monopoly on good
ideas.
That's all.

Well, I'm pretty sure while working on
you pointed me in the direction how to deduce things like that. ;)

Though, I just noticed I introduced a so far unnoticed glitch with 4685
markup->string doesn't work on \simple
I looked which other markup commands are unnoticed thrown away. Below
they are listed, devided into worth-to-keep and to-ignore, as far as I
would think:

worth-to-keep:
  wordwrap-string-markup
  justify-string-markup
  simple-markup
  wordwrap-string-internal-markup-list

to-ignore:
  lookup-markup
  postscript-markup
  epsfile-markup
  fret-diagram-markup
  tied-lyric-markup
  musicglyph-markup
  fret-diagram-terse-markup
  rest-markup
  verbatim-file-markup
  harp-pedal-markup

For wordwrap-string-markup and justify-string-markup I think they should
be special-cased, meaning deleting tab and newline-characters. Maybe
simple-markup can be put there as well. Not sure about
wordwrap-string-internal-markup-list, keep or ignore?

The to-ignore-markups could be appended to the list already defined with
'markup-commands-to-ignore'.
Though, this would introduce a manually to maintain instance which I'd
like to avoid, but I'm not aware of a condition to exlude them. Otoh
'markup-commands-to-ignore' has already an entry, so it needs to be
mantained anyway.

Hmm.

Hints? Opinions?

https://codereview.appspot.com/347000043/