Turkish makam (and beyond) contribution(s) to Lilypond

From: Adam Good
Subject: Turkish makam (and beyond) contribution(s) to Lilypond
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 16:25:17 -0500

Greetings Lilypond-dev'ers,

Here's Adam Good in Brooklyn, NY.

I've shown up on the dev list recently but here's a better introduction.
I'm a musician with a passion and fairly decent understanding of Turkish
makam and musics of east Europe, the Balkans and beyond. I've spent the
past two months working out a very good update to the current makam.ly file
with some wonderful help from Hans Aberg, Torsten Haemmerle and notably
Graham Breed using his work on regular.ly work.

I have, from what I can see, a working replacement for makam.ly in the form
of turkish-makam.ly that gives us full transposition possibilities and key
signatures for 201 makams, something makam.ly wasn't capable of previously.

I would love for turkish-makam.ly to end up in the main Lilypond
distribution but I need guidance from someone here to make it happen, like
a mentor as mentioned in the contributor guide. Would a developer be
willing to help me?

In the future I'd like to update arabic.ly to arabic-maqam.ly and would
like to contribute something for Persian / Iranian music.

Hopefully someone has thoughts.

All the best,
Adam Good