Re: New LilyPond contributor: Basia Mroczek

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: New LilyPond contributor: Basia Mroczek
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:29:56 +0100

Il giorno gio 29 nov 2018 alle 18:20, Barbara Mroczek <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi Federico,

I decided to use lilydev, so this issue isn't crucial for me anymore.
But as you suggested, I reproduced the error and attached the command
line output to this mail.

Good that you are using LilyDev.

I've checked the log and I couldn't spot anything which might help to avoid the error.. except perhaps one thing. dblatex command in your ubuntu is using pdflatex:

Build the book set list...
Build the listings...
XSLT stylesheets DocBook - LaTeX 2e (0.3.7-1)
Build suffix-lyxml.pdf
pdflatex failed

In my system (Fedora 29), as well as LilyDev, the PDF is created by XeTeX:

$ pdfinfo ./input/regression/lilypond-book/out-test/suffix-lyxml.pdf
Creator:        DBLaTeX-0.3.6
Producer:       XeTeX 0.99993

IIRC, pdflatex is used unless xetex is installed.
You might want to try to install XeTeX and repeat the build.

sudo apt-get install texlive-xetex