Re: Please test gub

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 15:09:46 +0100 (CET)

> That leaves the two problems of
>
> - LLVMgold.so in /usr/lib/bfd-plugins shadowing liblto_plugin.so
>   (I rm'ed LLVMgold.so there for the purpose of the above gub run.)

This is definitely *not* a gub issue.  It's strange that only the
compilation of guile is affected by the problem, but I consider this a
pure coincidence.  IOW, this should be added to the gub documentation,
as a special preparation step for some LLVM/binutils combinations.

> - the need to make sure that `python` calls a python2 interpreter.

No idea how this could be solved elegantly.  I guess it can't, so we
have again something to document...

    Werner