Re: note-name-engraver: add user-defined note names support (issue 22171

From: dak
Subject: Re: note-name-engraver: add user-defined note names support (issue 221710044 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 08:53:41 -0800

On 2019/02/12 16:24:37, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On 2019/02/11 22:02:11, dak wrote:

> Doing a single call of
> make_markup_concat (scm_list_3 (markup1, markup2, markup3));
> does not seem too bad and the export/import is a one-time cost for
all
> prospective uses.  I am surprised we don't have it already,
actually.

OK, now it works with markups… but as a result, what it returns is a
whole
stencil instead of a 'text property that we can play with further down
the line.

At the risk of sounding like a real dolt: when I (erroneously) wrote
make_markup_concat, I meant make_concat_markup not concat_markup
(corresponding to make-concat-markup rather than concat-markup).
make-concat-markup creates a markup from a markup list.  In contrast,
concat-markup creates a stencil from layout, props, and a markup list.

So you should be able to stick with 'text just fine.  Sorry for the
wrong second-guessing of my typo that caused a bunch of additional work
(it wasn't my intent to change the semantics other than a very localized
change in concatenation allowing for more than just strings).

https://codereview.appspot.com/221710044/