Re: @cindex and friends in snippet files

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: @cindex and friends in snippet files
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:10:01 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Folks,
>

> some stuff like `subdivideBeams' is only documented in files from
> `Documentation/snippets'.  However, not a single file in this
> directory contains an index entry.
>
> What is the proper way to add index entries to those files?  Are they
> still synchronized with LSI?  I would like to add a bunch of them, for
> obvious reasons.

I think that they are usually referenced from the main manual, and
that's where the index entries then are placed.  Of course, mentioning
"related material" that is not actually related to the main entry is not
overly sensible so this usually does require penning a few lines in the
main manual if you don't want to appear obtuse.