Re: Fix hidden member templates in derived classes (issue 559250043 by a

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Fix hidden member templates in derived classes (issue 559250043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 08:26:42 -0800

On 2019/11/14 11:29:25, dak wrote:
[...]
I am not a fan of having to keep the whole inheritance hierarchy in
sight
(that's a loss of abstraction) but considering the actual impact this
causes, it
seems like a small price to pay for getting rid of this headache.

The other option (that I just tested) is to move the method_finder
implementation out of the classes, ie make them a static function in the
global namespace. This requires a quite mechanical change for all
classes to call DECLARE_TRANSLATOR_CALLBACKS (<<<class>>>) right after
their declaration and making Translator::trampoline public (136 files
changed, 279 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)). To be honest, I like this
less than this patch, but it does avoid the lost abstraction in the
three ligature engravers.