Re: Yaffut

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Yaffut
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 20:41:20 +0100

Dan Eble <address@hidden> writes:

> What level of respect should I maintain for the integrity of
> flower/include/yaffut.h?  I think it would be nice to limit the
> default output of the unit test program to errors + summary, and I
> could achieve that either by modifying Yaffut itself or by filtering
> the output through a script.

My personal opinion for the amount of respect is: none.  I didn't even
know it had an existence outside of LilyPond
(<http://members.home.nl/rutger.van.beusekom/> shows dead links and a
Boost licence but it would be my guess that Han-Wen and Jan have
properly handled this at the time the code was pulled into LilyPond and
it would be my guess that its author may be the "Ruth" in LilyPond's
DEDICATION file).

At any rate, it should meet our needs.  In a similar vein, there seems
no ongoing point in maintaining "flower" outside of what we need for
LilyPond.