Re: add property label-alignments to OttavaBracket (issue 575330043 by a

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: add property label-alignments to OttavaBracket (issue 575330043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:52:21 +0000

On 11/26/19, 10:40 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On 2019/11/23 11:18:10, Malte Meyn wrote:
    > I would suggest to:
    > • add the label-alignments property to all spanners with exactly one
    label
    > • think about all those different piano pedal grobs, whether they are
    needed,
    > and how alignment could be done between the label grob and the line
    grob
    > • rename stencil-align-dir-y to label-alignments and let it take a
    pair of
    > numbers (is this good, to have a top-level property for some grobs
    with the same
    > name as a subproperty for others?)

    Any opinions, helpful thoughts?

I don't know if it's helpful, but if it provides the same functionality, I
think it should have the same name, regardless of whether it's a top-level
property or subproperty.

I think it's great that you are taking on the bigger picture.  My initial
comment was not trying to get you to take on the bigger picture; it was just to
make sure that the docstring for label-alignments wasn't limited to
OttavaBrackets.  Considering other spanners and trying to rationalize all the
labeling is a great contribution, beyond my expectation.

Thanks,

Carl

    https://codereview.appspot.com/575330043/