Re: compiler flag issues

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: compiler flag issues
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 12:00:19 -0500

On Nov 28, 2019, at 03:13, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is very, very non-standard and completely undocumented.

Not completely undocumented.  The CG has said to run configure with
--disable-optimising for as long as I can remember.

> Any idea how this could be improved?

A good start would be to refer us to the standard.  For some of us, LilyPond is
our primary or only exposure to autoconf, which naturally leads to the
when-in-Rome approach to maintenance.  My web searches on CXXFLAGS have led to
the manual for automake, which I'm not sure is used here, and various disputed
answers about autoconf on community Q&A sites.
—
Dan