Re: [translations] Remaining sprint for the release of version 2.20

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: [translations] Remaining sprint for the release of version 2.20
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 18:58:45 +0100

Le 06/02/2020 à 00:44, David Kastrup a écrit :

Whatever else may be on the plate, the immediate problem to be put
behind us right now is the release of 2.20.  I put specifically the
translation team and Werner into Cc.  The translation team should check
what changes of the recent release of 2.19.84 they still need to get
track of.

I've merged stable/2.20 into translation on Sunday for those (including myself) who want to be synchronized with the English version. I plan to be done for the French part on Saturday (2 remaining work-weeks before one for vacations).

Werner basically is the person most affected by changes I have not yet
cherry-picked because of problems, changes that likely would be a good
idea to have in 2.20.

Those are his extensive indexing review, and reworks of several
examples.  The indexing review is hard to apply to the by now
significantly from master diverged stable/2.20, and with the reworks of
the examples I am not sure whether they need to be accompanied by
changes to the lilypond-extra archive.  At some point of time, there has
been such a requirement; I was not sure whether it persisted.  If I am
assured that this is either not an issue, or that lilypond-extra will
get the necessary treatment until we can release 2.20 (hopefully in a
week or so), I can do the required cherry-picking myself.

I don't remember either if lilypond-extra is to be touched.

As a matter of fact and re-thinking about it, those rewordings and indexing, as long as they only concerned "old" material that was already on the stable/2.20 branch, should have been done directly on its material (they would be back-ported to master with a merge) like we acted for translations even if new.

So let's make sure we get our last ducks in a row for closing that
long-awaited chapter.

I just acknowledged the Free Translation Project that a new release is out. It might take a few days before importing the results.

Jean-Charles