Re: Issue 5771: simplify \partial (issue 557440043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 5771: simplify \partial (issue 557440043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:41:58 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/557440043/diff/547670043/ly/music-functions-init.ly
File ly/music-functions-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/557440043/diff/547670043/ly/music-functions-init.ly#newcode1319
ly/music-functions-init.ly:1319: 'origin (*location*)
On 2020/02/17 16:59:54, Dan Eble wrote:
> I'm curious about when it is important to provide 'origin (*location*)
> make-music and when it is not.  Some functions do it and some don't.

define-music-function tacks the origin on the top-level music expression
it returns.  In this case here, that does not help.

Are you sure this is actually a working idea?  At the beginning of
music, Score does not exist and 'Timing is only (reliably?) established
as an alias by the Timing_translator.  For polyrhythmic pieces, the
Timing context alias is moved down the hierarchy along with the
Timing_translator.

https://codereview.appspot.com/557440043/